Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blindsided

I wrote this song two years ago during a very dark season. Strangely enough, I find the words comforting today. It’s all about perspective I suppose. It has a melody, but hasn’t been arranged yet. I hope that perhaps you might find something in there comforting as well.

Maggie Lee

I haven’t any helpful words,
I haven’t any wisdom left to give.
It is what it is.

Our hearts are marred by circumstance,
And selfish acts can break our past,
And leave valleys to climb.

I don’t pretend to know the why,
I can’t go back and change the time,
But I can stay for a while.

If there’s any consolation here,
I pray you find it soon my dear
And that it surrounds you tonight.

The words that we have lifted up,
Will never fall back down unheard.

The words that we have lifted up,
Will never fall back down unheard.

The words that we have lifted up
Will never fall back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment